Gas/vapor heavier than air. May accumulate in confined spaces, particularly at or below ground level.
- In steel industry and to mobilize molten steel by passing it through a furnace
- Argon plasma burners to prevent harmful metal dust from spreading into the air
- In welding as protective gas against oxidation
- In the aluminum industry, precision electronics and the ceramic industry
- To charge house lamps where its inertness helps in prolonging the life of filaments and fluorescent tubes
STORAGE AND HANDLING
Suck back of water into the container must be prevented. Do not allow back feed into the container. Use only the properly specified equipment which is suitable for this product, its supply pressure and temperature. Contact your gas supplier if in doubt. Keep away from ignition sources (including static discharges). Refer to supplier’s container handling instructions. Keep container below 50°C in a well ventilated place.
Liquid argon is supplied through tankers.